10. If you’re going to r_n you should r_n for a purpose, there’s no better purpose than BEER!
9. What else are you doing on a Sunday afternoon that can taste so good and hurt so bad. (That doesn’t increase your family size)
8. Those receive help whom help themselves. So help yourself to BEER!
7. If you’re all alone and you want to pound something, pound the pavement, and then pound some BEER!
6. We aid environmental conservation by removing large portions of thorny underbrush, razor-grass, and swamp foliage (all known as SHIGGY!) from the areas pristine pine forests!
5. We contribute greatly to the local economy donating large sums of cash in return for ample supplies of CHIG AWAY, OFF, BAND-AIDS, OINTMENT, ICE, soda, and BEER!
4. Our friends, neighbors, and families tire quickly of us r_nning through every room of the house jumping over furniture, bulling through closets and destroying ornamental shrubbery only to stand defiantly on the porch afterward as if we conquered the world doing a down-down with our preferred beverage.
3. Nothing cleans out the system better than flushing out the bladder and breathing really hard. (Even better is the occasional download on the trail or an unexpected projectile Down-Up right after one too many Down-Downs)
2. Our program is better than any twelve-step program out there. How many steps do you think is in a 3-5 Miler? And thanks to the occasional BEER NEAR no one goes cold turkey.
And the #1 reason- BEER!
DOWN-DOWN- The act of quickly consuming your preferred beverage.
DOWN-UP- (or the REVERSE DOWN-DOWN)- The (usually) involuntary act of losing your favorite beverage from the direction it came and usually much more quickly than it went down-down.
ON-ON- When you are (or think you are) following the true trail. Shouted by hashers when on trail. Also signified by blowing whistles.
ON-ON-ON – A casual gathering following the conclusion of a Hash. Most often at Fat Daddy’s.
HASH HYMN- Some of the most illustrious lyric and melody than man has ever created. (There once was a man from Kent, whose …etc. etc.)
HASH HOUSE HARRIERS- Basically beer-drinkers with a r_nning problem and people wanting to have a good time. For more info see the Trash Links Page.
SHIGGY!- Anything that catches, cuts, trips, or generally sucks to r_n through. Briars, swamps, creeks, razor-grass etc. It sucks so good and we like it!